Assistant Professor Department of Statistical Sciences and Operations Research
Ph.D. Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2013. PhD advisor: James Luedtke. Dissertation Title: Structure-exploiting Algorithms for Integer and Chance Constrained Stochastic Programs.
M.S. Operations Research, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2012.
M.S. Computer Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2012.
B.S. Computational Mathematics, Peking University, 2009.
My research interests include optimization under uncertainty (stochastic and robust optimization), integer programming (linear and nonlinear), and applications of optimization in transportation, power system, and data analytics.
- Y. Song and J. Luedtke, “An Adaptive Partition-based Approach for Solving Two-stage Stochastic Programs with Fixed Recourse”, Accepted for publication, SIAM Journal on Optimization, 2015
- Y. Song and M. Zhang, “Chance-Constrained Multi-Terminal Network Design Problems”, Naval Research Logistics, 62, 321-334, 2015
- R. Fukasawa, Q. He and Y. Song, “A Branch-Cut-and-Price Algorithm for the Energy Minimization Vehicle Routing Problem”, Accepted for publication, Transportation Science, 2014
- Y. Song, J. Luedtke and S. Kucukyavuz, “Chance-constrained Packing Problems”, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 26(4), 735-747, 2014
- Y. Song and J. Luedtke, “Branch-and-cut Algorithms for Chance-constrained Models in Reliable Network Design Problems”, Mathematical Programming Computation, 5(4), 397-432, 2013
HONORS and PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Local Organizing Committee: INFORMS Computing Society Meeting, Richmond, VA, 2015
Session Chairs: INFORMS Annual Meeting 2014, 2015, INFORMS Computing Society Meeting 2015, ICSP 2016
Referee for: Operations Research, Mathematical Programming, Transportation Science, European Journal on Operational Research, Annals of Operations Research, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, Naval Researh Logistics, Neural Computation, Health Care Management Science, Journal of Global Optimization, Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Computational Optimization and Applications